Windows Server 2008 Administrator Password Recovery
- How to reset Windows Server 2008 r2 administrator password
Windows server 2008 (r2) administrator password recovery – Two efficient ways to reset windows 2008 administrator password when forgot windows server 2008 password.
Tips: The solutions shown in this article can reset local and domain administrator password of windows 2008.
As we known, if forget windows server 2008 (r2) user password, we can login windows with a user who has administrator right to reset the password for that user. However, if we forgot windows server 2008 r2 administrator password, and there is not a user who can help to reset lost password, what do I do? If this issue happens, many people may make a decision that format the hard drive and reinstall windows server 2008. That can solve the problem, but it is not a good way to solve the problem. It takes lots of time to reinstall windows and applications, more importantly it may cause important data loss.
As a matter of fact, many ways can reset windows server 2008 r2 administrator password when forget administrator password of win 2008. Here will show you the reliable and effective ways to reset forgotten password for windows server 2008 (r2) without formatting hard drive and reinstalling windows.
1. Reset Windows Server 2008 administrator password with software
This is an easy and reliable way to reset windows 2008 password immediately. What you need is a USB flash drive or writable CD/DVD disc & CD/DVD-RW deceive, and a professional server 2008 password recovery program. In order to reset lost password successfully and make any data lost, professional and reliable password recovery software is definitely need. If you haven’t get one works fines for you, you can get Vodusoft Windows Password Reset Special (VWPRS) and have a try. Vodusoft Windows Password Reset Special works very well with Windows server 2008 on resetting forgetting password. Vodusoft also works fine with Windows 7/Vista/xp/2000/2003 too.
5 Steps to reset windows server 2008 administrator password with Vodusoft password software.
Step 1: Get Vodusoft Windows Password Reset Special and install it in an accessible windows.
Step 2: Create a bootable windows server 2008 password reset disk with Vodusoft software.
- 2.1 Run Vodusoft password program.
- 2.2 Insert USB disk or CD/DVD disc.
- 2.3 Click “Burn to USB” or “Burn to CD/DVD” button to burn Vodusoft program to disk.
Step 3: Boot the server 2008 computer from windows server 2008 password reset disk.
- 3.1 Access to BIOS and set the server computer to boot from USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM.
- 3.2 Insert windows server 2008 password reset disk to server computer.
- 3.3 Restart server computer and it will boot from password reset disk.
Step 4: When Vodusoft password program starts, select administrator user, then click reset button to reset a new password for it. Note: If you have more than one system on the computer, you have to select windows server 2008 from drop-list.
Step 5: Reboot the computer and you can login as administrator with new password.
2. Reset Windows Server 2008 (r2) password with VB script
If you don’t want to use premium software, you can try this way, but it may take you lots of time, and requires you have more computer knowledge.
Now you can follow the instructions below to create a Windows PE boot disk to reset windows 2008 administrator password.
Step 1: Download Windows XP PE live cd from Microsoft official site or other sites.
Step 2: Burn Windows XP PE live cd to USB or CD/DVD disk with burning software, such as NERO or UltraISO.
Step 3: Access to bios to set server computer to boot from USB or CD/DVD drive.
Step 4: Inset Windows PE boot disk to server computer, and restart server computer.
Step 5: When Windows PE starts, follow the steps below to create a VB script.
- 5.1 Create a Windows server 2008 administrator password reset script as below:
- 5.2 Use “Regedit” to run Windows PE’s Registry, Load registry file “system” of windows server 2008 to Windows PE’s registry.
- 5.3 Add key and values as below to make VB script run when windows starts.
- 5.4 Unload registry file “system” of windows server 2008.
- 5.6 Eject Windows PE boot disk, and restart server computer.
Step 6: When Windows server 2008 startups, the administrator password has been reset, and you can login as administrator with new password.
Step 7: Delete 2008 password reset script file, and remove the 2008 password reset key from registry.
Step 8: That is all.