The missing of Start menu in Windows 8 cause a strong debate, some people think that the classic Start Menu has been a part of the operating system, they can’t live without it. However, some other people have the point that now we are just not accustomed to the new Metro interface, we should learn about the new things, but not stay in the old things.
Will Microsoft bring back the Start menu? There is no doubt that windows 8 is an outstanding operating system with the beautiful Start screen. But every coin has two sides, windows 8 users are often annoyed with the problem that they have to change between the Start menu and Metro interface. What is worst, some users can’t find the windows 8 Start button or the Shutdown button.
If you want to recover the classic Start menu without any software program, take a few minutes to carry out the method below:
1. On the Bottom-left corner, click on the Start button, and then click on Run… or Use the Windows +R to open the search box.
2. Type in: “regedit” and then click on OK or press Enter to open Registry.
3. Expand the Registry: KEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
4. Click on Explorer, and double-click on RPEnabled, change the value from 1 to 0, and then click on OK to save the change and exit.
5. Then the classic Start menu gets back. If you want to change the start menu to the windows 8 current style, you just need to change the RPEnabled value back to 1.
Tips: Pay attention to that the Metro UI interface will be disable when you change the value to 0.