Forgot Windows 8 Professional password? And finding methods to reset forgotten password? You can reset windows 8 professional password with net user command or password reset disk.
When you forgot windows 8 professional password, and locked out of computer/laptop, don’t be disappoint, come down to have a think that whether the password is similar with the other passwords you are using, take them to have a try on the password logon screen. If all of the passwords do not work, think about that whether you still can get into your computer with other user accounts. You can get into computer with another user account that has administrator privilege, and then reset windows 8 professional password with command prompt.
- Get into windows 8 professional laptop/ desktop computer.
- Open the start menu, run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Run with the command: Net User <user name> <new password>
Although, reset windows 8 professional password with command prompt is very easy and simple, it doesn’t work if you can’t get into computer. The methods below may be helpful when you are locked out of windows 8 professional pc.
Reset Windows 8 professional forgotten password with password reset disk
Have created a windows 8 professional password reset disk on your computer? It is very good, it is helpful for you to reset forgot password.
- On the logon screen, when you type in the wrong password, it will hint you the password is incorrect. Below the password text box, click on the Password reset…link.
- When the password reset wizard appears, click Next, type in the new password to reset password.
- When finish the operations, you can get into windows 8 professional computer with new password.
Unlock windows 8 professional forgotten password with windows password reset program
Have not created a password reset disk yet? The windows password reset program can help you to create one. Are you curious about that how to create a password reset disk with password reset program? Here share with you the steps:
Create a password reset disk with Vodusoft windows password reset standard program
Step1: Prepare a USB, download Vodusoft Windows password reset program and install it.
Step2: Run the password reset program, insert the usb, click USB device.
Step3: Select the usb device, click Begin burning to create a password reset disk.
How to reset windows 8 professional password with the password reset disk
Step4: Set windows 8 laptop/computer to boot from usb
- 4.1 Take the usb insert into your windows 8 pc.
- 4.2 Restart windows 8 computer, press Boot Menu key or Bios Entry key immediately and repeatedly when pc logo appears.
- 4.2.1 If press Boot Menu key, when the Boot Menu sets up, use up and down key to select USB device, and then press Enter.
- 4.2.2 If press BIOS Entry key, when the BIOS screen appears, move to the Boot menu, set the USB device to the first boot list, press F10, press Enter.
Step5: When the Vodusoft password reset program appears, select user account, click Reset, click Yes to continue, click Reboot, take out the usb from computer, click Yes to restart computer.
Step6: When you get into the logon screen, click on user account name, get into laptop/computer without password.
Tips: If you have trouble in setting laptop/computer to boot from usb, you can refer to the article:
People who read this article also like to read: