If you type in a wrong password on Windows 8 logon screen, you will get the hint message “User name or password is incorrect”, and can’t login to windows 8 computer.
Your Windows 8 login password is incorrect? Perhaps, have forgotten your current password, what to do to? Remove or reset your Windows 8 login password, and then get into with the new password you reset.
How to reset Windows 8 password when you forgot the current password? Three methods will be showed below, take a few minutes to read about it, and then pick the best one to carry out.
Method 1: Login to your Windows 8 computer with another user account and then reset your account password
Try to have a think if there are still other user accounts on your laptop/desktop, get into windows with another account that has administrator privilege.
When you get into your Windows 8 computer with another account
(1) Press Windows +X to open the Start Menu, click Command Prompt (Admin).
(2) On the Command Prompt screen, type in the command: Net User <your user name > <new password>, and then press Enter.
The Command Prompt running image is below, you can refer to it:
Method 2: Remove Windows 8 incorrect password with a USB boot disk
Can’t get into your windows 8 computer, the methods above do not work for you. You can remove Windows 8 password with a USB boot disk, steps are below:
- 1.1 Prepare a USB, and Download Vodusoft Windows password reset special or standard program on an accessible pc.
- 1.2 Insert the USB and run the Vodusoft windows password reset program on the pc.
- 1.3 On the Vodusoft password reset program, select USB device, click on Burn to USB.
- 2.1 Take the USB boot disk, insert into your Windows 8 computer that you want to reset password.
- 2.2 Restart/start your Windows 8 computer, press Boot Menu Key repeatedly as soon as the computer starts.
- 2.3 When the Boot Menu comes up, use ↑↓ (up and down key) to select USB device.
- 2.4 Press Enter save change, and reboot computer.
- 3.1 When the Vodusoft Windows password reset program sets up, select Windows 8 system, click on your user account name.
- 3.2 Click Reset, click Yes agree to remove your windows 8 incorrect password.
- 3.3 Take the USB device out from your Windows 8 computer, click Reboot, click Yes to restart computer.
- 3.4 When go to the logon screen, your password is removed successfully, click on your account, and login to without password.
Method 3: Windows 8 password is incorrect? Reset it with free software Ophcrack
Step 1: Download the appropriate Ophcrack LiveCD version for your system.
Step2: Get Ophcrack LiveCD ISO file, and burn it to a disc.
Step3: Insert the Ophcrack LiveCD into CD/DVD dive on the Windows 8 computer you can’t login to.
Step4: Start the power, set the windows 8 computer to boot from the CD disc.
Step5: When the Ophcrack program starts, it will recover password atomatically.
Step6: Logon to your Windows 8 computer with the password has recovered.
If the NT PWD field is “empty” on your account, means your user account password has been recovered, you can log in without password.
If the NT PWD field is blank on your user account, means the password has not been recovered yet.
People who read this article also like to read: