“I forgot my Windows 8 admin password, can’t login computer, is there any windows 8 admin password recovery methods help me to recover forgotten password and get into computer?”
Yes, you can recover Windows 8 admin password with or without disk according to your condition.
1. Forgot Windows 8 admin password? Recover with a USB or CD
I f you are locked out of Windows 8 laptop/desktop computer, and have not created a password reset disk, you can recover windows 8 admin password with a USB or CD/DVD, and then log into computer.
Steps how to recover windows 8 admin password with USB or CD
Download Vodusoft Windows password reset program and install it on an accessible pc.
- 2.1 If insert a USB, click “USB device” button, click “Begin burning”.
- 2.2 If insert a CD, click “CD/DVD” button, click “Begin burning”.
- 5.1 Select Windows 8 system and admin user account.
- 5.2 Click “Reset”, password will be set to blank, click “Yes” to continue.
- 5.3 Disconnect USB or CD/DVD, click “Reboot”, click “Yes” to restart computer.
- 5.4 When get to the logon screen, click on user account to get into windows.
2. Recover Windows 8 admin password with password reset disk
If you have created a windows 8 password reset disk before you forgot password, you can use it to reset password quickly and easily.
Steps how to recover Windows 8 password with password reset disk
<1>. On the logon screen, type in a wrong password, press Enter.
<2>. When incorrect password hint pups up, click “OK”, click “Reset password…” below password text box.
<3>. When password reset wizard comes up, click “Next” and follow the instructions to do.
3. Forgot Windows 8 admin password? Reset without any recovery disk
If you still can get into Windows 8 system with PIN code, Picture password or other administrator account, then you can reset windows 8 admin password without reset disk.
<2>. Click “Command Prompt”, on the black and white screen type in: Net User <username> <new password>, press “Enter” to run the command.
<3>. When get message “the command has completed successfully”, it means the password has been reset successfully.
4. Windows 8 admin password recovery with freeware
Chntpw is an open source and free program that can help to recover Windows 8 admin password. But it is based on console text, it may be a little difficult to carry out.
<1>. Prepare a USB or CD, download Chntpw from official net.
<2>. Insert a USB or CD into the pc to create a live disk.
<3>. Take the USB or CD insert into the windows 8 locked computer, and set it to boot from the bootable disk.
<4>. Select the system and user name to remove password.
People who read this article also like to read: