It is well known that we can install or reinstall a Windows System on computer with a Windows DVD simply and easily. But if you do not have a Windows DVD, or the HP laptops do not support a DVD, what to do? Then, how to install or repair Windows 7 on the HP laptops?
If you meet with the problems, don’t be disappointed, you also can install or reinstall Windows 7 on HP laptop with a USB.
Here are the steps to install Windows 7 on HP laptop with a USB disk:
1. Get a Windows 7 ISO image file
2. Get a Windows 7 USB installer tool
The details to install Windows 7 with a USB:
1. Get a Windows 7 ISO image file.
- 1.1 You can download Windows 7 ISO image file from Microsoft office net, or ask your friends for a installation image file.
2. Download a Windows 7 USB install tool.
- 2.1 You can download the Windows 7 USB install tool from Vodusoft.com.
- 2.2 Install the USB tool-Finalbooster on the computer.
3. Create a Windows 7 USB installer disc.
- 3.1 Prepare a USB, and insert it into the computer.
- 3.2 Run the USB tool-Finalbooster, click on “Browse” button, select a Windows 7 ISO image file.
- 3.3 Click on the “Burn to USB” button to create a Windows 7 USB installer disc.
- 4.1 Take the USB installer disc burned with the Windows 7 ISO image file, connect it with the HP laptop that you want to install Windows 7.
- 4.2 Start or restart the HP laptop, press Boot Menu Key (F9) when the power on and the HP logo flash until the Boot Menu comes up.
You also can press the BIOS Entry Key (F1 or F10) to get into the BIOS settings, and then set the HP laptop to boot from USB disc.
- 4.3 When the Boot Menu comes up, use the Up/Down key to select the USB device (often showed with the USB name), and then click on Enter to save the change.
5. Install Windows 7 on HP laptop following with the installation program.
- 5.1 When the Windows 7 installation program comes up successfully, select the preferences on the drop-down list, click on “Next”, and read about the instructions to follow the installation program to install Windows 7 on HP laptop.
If you want to reinstall Windows 7 on your HP laptop, the steps are the same with the steps to install Windows 7, you can refer to the step above.
You may also like these articles: