Are you locked out of laptop? Forgot password for windows 7 or windows8? And are you looking for password recovery software to unlock your computer? Please keep reading. The guide shows you the efficient and simple way for recovering the lost password.
Method 1: Locked out of laptop? Recover forgot password with password reset disk
When you are locked out of your laptop, recover the forgotten password with a password reset disk is the simplest and quickest way if you have created a password reset disk before you forgot the password.
Steps as below:
<1>. Get to the laptop logon screen, type in a wrong password on the password text box, and then press Enter.
<2>. When the incorrect password hint appears, click on OK, and then click on Reset password… below the password text box.
<3>. When the password reset wizard starts, insert the password reset disk into your laptop and then click on Next to continue.
<4>. Select the password reset disk, and then click on Next.
<5>. Type in new password on the text box to reset a new password on your laptop.
Tips: The steps to reset windows 7, 8, Vista, XP password with a password reset disk almost are the same when you forgot password on HP, Acer, Toshiba, DELL, Gateway, Lenovo, Phoenix laptop.
Method 2: Locked out of laptop? Unlocked it with an efficient program
If you have not created a password reset disk yet when you are locked out of laptop, you can create one now instantly with a password reset program. And then use the password reset disk to reset your laptop password safely and efficiently. There are several password reset programs on the internet, such as Asunsoft, Spower, Vodusoft Windows password reset software.
Here I will take Vodusoft Windows Password Reset standard program for example to show you the steps how to reset your laptop password by yourself.
Get Vodusoft Windows Password Reset program and install it in an accessible computer.
- 2.1 Insert a usb or cd into the accessible computer where you install the Vodusoft password reset program.
- 2.2 Click on USB device or CD/DVD to choose the media type.
- 2.3 Select the device on the drop-down list, and then click on Begin burning.
- 3.1 Transfer the usb or cd insert into your locked laptop.
- 3.2 Restart your laptop, and press the BIOS Entry Key immediately and repeatedly.
- 3.3 Set the laptop to boot from your device.
Tips: If you have difficult in setting your laptop to boot from BIOS with the password reset disk, refer to:
- 4.1Select a windows system and your user account.
- 4.2 Click on Reset, and then click on Yes if the hint message pups up.
- 4.3 Next, click on Reboot, when the hint message pups up, unplug the removable device, and then click on Yes to restart your laptop.
Tips: The steps to reset windows 7, 8, Vista, XP password with a password reset program are similar on HP, Acer, Toshiba, DELL, Gateway, Lenovo, Phoenix laptop. The difference is the steps to set laptop to boot from Bios, and the different laptop has different BIOS Entry Keys.
People who read this article also like to read: