“I am locked out of my computer forgot password , Windows 8 , what to do？Any simple methods to unlock my windows 8 computer?” Question from Abel
This article will show you the methods how to unlock your computer or laptop, if you are locked out of computer, no matter you forgot password on Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP.
- 2. If locked out of computer forgot Windows 8 password but still can get in with PIN code or Picture password
Get into computer with other administrator account and then reset your Windows account password through Command Prompt. Command Prompt is the most simple and easy way to reset password if you forgot password.
1. Get into computer with other account.
2. Click Start button to open the Start Menu, click “Command Prompt” (or click Run…, type in command, press Enter to open the Command Prompt).
3. On the Command Prompt screen, type in the command: Net User username newpassword, press Enter to run the command.
The “username” is your windows user account name, the “newpassword” is the new password you want to reset on your account.
When you get the message “The command has completed successfully”, it means you have reset windows password successfully.
If locked out of computer forgot Windows 8 password but still can get in with PIN code or Picture password
If forgot Windows 8 password, but still can get into computer with PIN code or Picture password, besides reset password through Command Prompt, you also can reset windows 8 password via Computer Management.
1. Get into windows 8 computer with PIN code or Picture password, open the Start Menu, right-click “Computer”, click “Manage”.
2. Expand the Computer management, System Tools, Local Users and Groups, Users.
3. Open the Users, right-click on your account, select “Set Password…”.
Forgot Windows 7 password on laptop or desktop computer? If you can’t get into computer with the administrator account, don’t worry, you can reset windows 7 password with password reset disk. If you have not created a windows 7 password reset disk, create on with Vodusoft Windows password reset program.
1. Install Vodusoft Windows password reset standard program on an accessible pc.
2. Insert a USB or CD to create a password reset disk.
3. Take the password reset disk insert into your windows 7 computer, set computer to boot from the reset disk.
- 3.2 Or set computer to boot from CD/DVD.
4. When the password reset program comes up, click Reset, unplug reset disk, click Reboot to restart computer.
5. And then you can get into your windows 7 computer without password.
Windows XP has a administrator account whose password is blank by default, you can get into windows XP computer with the administrator account, or get into the Save Mode. And then reset Windows XP password through Command Prompt. If administrator account is the only account, you can unlock your windows XP computer or laptop with a password reset disk. If you have not created a windows XP password reset disk yet, create one with Vodusoft Windows password reset program.