“Using an Acer aspire one laptop with Linux system, now want to install a Windows 7 on it, but not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, only have a Windows 7 ISO image file and a USB disk. Can Acer aspire one run Windows 7? How can I install the Windows 7 on it with a USB?”
If the Acer aspire one laptop does not have a DVD drive, you can’t install Windows 7 with a installation DVD. But don’t worry, if you have a USB and a Windows 7 ISO image file, you also can install it efficiently.
Here are the steps to install/reinstall Windows 7 on Acer aspire one laptop with a USB flash drive:
(1) Prepare a USB disk and a Windows 7 ISO image file.
(2) Download a Windows 7 USB install tool-Finalbooster and install it.
(3) Insert a USB and run the USB install tool, click on “Browse” to select a Windows 7 ISO image file.
(4) Select the USB device on drop-down list and click on “Burn to USB” to burn the Windows 7 ISO image file to USB.
(5) After burning successfully, take the USB disk insert into the Acer laptop that you want to install Windows 7, and set the Acer laptop to boot from USB.
(6) When the Acer laptop boot successfully from the Windows 7 USB installation disk, a Windows 7 installation screen comes up, you can follow the instructions on the screen to finish the operation step by step easily.
How to set Acer aspire one to boot from the USB installation disk?
- 1 Inset the Windows 7 USB disk into the Acer laptop, and restart/start the laptop, and then press the Boot Menu Key (F12) immediately when the Acer logo flash.
- 2 When the Acer laptop boot menu comes up, press UP/DOWN key to select the USB device, and then press Enter to boot it from USB.
- 3 If the Boot Menu does not comes up, you also can press the BIOS Entry Key (Del or F2) to get into the BIOS, and move to the Boot Menu, and set Acer laptop to boot from USB disk.
The related articles: