“My older brother gave me an Acer V3-551G laptop installed with Linux, I am not used to the Linux OS, and so I want to clean install a Windows 8 on it. Can the Acer laptop run with Windows 8? What do I need to do on my Acer laptop before installing Windows 8? And what should be paid attention to during the installation?”
Have no idea to install Windows 8 on laptop or desktop computer? In this article will show you how to install Windows 8 with a USB or CD/DVD easily and efficiently.
1. Install Windows 8 on Acer with a USB flash drive
Step 1: Prepare a USB disk, get a Windows 8 ISO image file, and download a Windows 8 USB install tool.
Step 2: Install the Windows 8 installation tool on computer, insert a USB connect with it.
Step 3: Click on “Browse” to select a Windows 8 ISO image file, and then click on “Burn to USB” button.
Step 4: When the Windows 8 ISO image file is burned successfully to the USB, take the USB disk insert into your Acer laptop or computer.
Step 5: Restart/start Acer, and then set it to boot from the USB flash drive.
- 5.1 When Acer laptop/desktop computer starts and the Acer logo flashes, press Boot Menu Key (F12) immediately until the Boot Menu screen comes up.
- 5.2 On the Boot Menu screen, press UP/Down key to select the USB device, and then press Enter to boot computer.
Step 6: When the Windows 8 installation program comes up successfully on your Acer laptop, select the preferences, click on Next and then follow the instructions to finish the steps one by one.
2. Install Windows 8 on Acer laptop or desktop computer with a CD/DVD
The steps to install Windows 8 on Acer with a CD/DVD are the same with a USB.
(1) Prepare a CD/DVD, get a Windows 8 ISO image file, and download a Windows 8 install tool.
(2) Burn the Windows 8 ISO image file to the CD disk.
(3) Set Acer laptop/desktop computer to boot from the CD/DVD drive.
(4) Install Windows 8 following the installation directions.
Some Acer laptops do not support a CD drive, if so you can’t install a system with CD/DVD.