I forgot my HP laptop password how do I unlock it?
I forgot my HP laptop password, how do I unlock it? Take a minute to read this article that will show you the methods how to unlock HP laptop forgot password quickly and simply.
Solution 1: Unlock HP laptop forgot password through Command Prompt
If still can get into your HP laptop with other user account that has administrator privilege, only two steps to unlock HP laptop forgot password quickly and simply through Command Prompt.
<1>. Get into your HP laptop with other account, and on the Start Menu open the Command Prompt.
<2>. Type in: Net User <user name> “” on the black and white command prompt screen to remove HP laptop password.
Solution 2: How do I unlock my HP laptop forgot password with a USB?
You may wonder that how a usb can unlock laptop password. In fact, we can use the usb to create a password reset disk with the password reset program, and then use it to unlock HP laptop forgot password. There are many password reset programs, such as Vodusoft, Spower, Asunsoft windows password reset software. Here will take Vodusoft as example, steps as below:
Download Vodusoft Windows Password Reset program and then install it in another computer that is accessible.
- 2.1 Choose the USB device media type, and then click on Begin burning to create a bootable usb.
- 3.1 Unplug the usb, and plug it into your locked laptop.
- 3.2 Restart/start the locked HP laptop, and press the Boot Menu Key (F9) immediately and repeatedly until the boot menu screen appears.
- 3.3 Use the UP and Down key to select the USB device and press Enter.
- 4.1 When the Vodusoft windows password reset program starts, select the system and user account.
- 4.2 Click Reset, and then click on Reboot.
- 4.3 Unplug the usb device from your HP laptop, and click on Yes to restart laptop.
- 4.4 Your HP laptop password is unlocked, you can get in without password now.