Locked out of Acer laptop forgot password? It would be very frustrated and annoyed when you are urgent to use you Acer laptop or get data from it. However, take it easy, this article will discuss the methods how to recover Acer laptop forgot password with you.
Solution 1: Forgot Acer laptop password but still can get into laptop with administrator privilege?
If you still can get into your laptop when forgot password, and want to reset or remove the laptop forgot password, you can reset or remove it through Net User Command.
Step1: Get into Acer laptop, open the Start Menu, select Command Prompt.
Step2: On the black and white command prompt screen, type in: Net User <user account name> <new password> or replace the new password with the double quote to remove password.
Solution 2: Forgot Acer laptop password and can get into laptop but have no administrator privilege?
If still can get into you Acer laptop but have no administrator privilege, in this case, you can’t not remove or reset your laptop password via command prompt. You can try to reset or remove your Acer laptop forgot password through Computer Manage.
Step1: Get in your Acer laptop, on the Start Menu, right-click on Computer, select Mange.
Step2: Expand the computer management by this way: System Tools\ Local User and Groups\ Users
Step3: On the right panel, select your user account, right-click on it, select Set password…
Step4: Click Next, type in new password or let the password text box blank.
Step5: Click on Yes to finish the procedure.
Solution 3: Locked out of Acer laptop forgot password and have created a password reset disk before?
Reset password on Acer laptop with the windows password reset disk you have created before is very simple and quick for you. The operation steps:
Step1: On the logon screen, type in the wrong password, it will hint with the message.
Step2: Click on OK when the hint message pups, click on Reset password…
Step3: When the password reset wizard starts, click on Next and you can follow the steps one by one to finish the password reset process.
Solution 4: Locked out of Acer laptop forgot password no reset disk?
If you forgot password and locked out of your Acer laptop and have not created a windows password reset disk yet, the methods above do not work for you. In this case, the best method is create a password reset disk with a password reset program and then use it to crack your Acer laptop forgot password.
Step1: Create a password reset disk
- 1.1 Get Vodusoft Windows password reset standard software in another pc and install it.
- 1.2 Insert a usb or cd, choose media type, click on Begin burning.
Step2: Set locked laptop to boot from the disk
- 2.1 Unplug the password reset disk transfer insert into your Acer laptop.
- 2.2 Start your Acer laptop, and press F12 repeatedly when the Acer logo appears.
- 2.3 When the Boot Menu appears, use the Up and Down arrow to select the password reset disk and press Enter.
Step3: Reset Acer laptop password following the password reset wizard.
- 3.1 When the Vodusoft Windows password reset program starts, select your laptop system and user account.
- 3.2 Click on Reset, if you want to remove password, click on Yes. If not, you can click on Add user to add a new user account on your laptop.
- 3.3 Click on Reboot, after taking out the password reset disk, click on Yes to restart your laptop.
- 3.4 When get to the logon screen, click on the user account, and then you can get into laptop successfully.