You can reinstall or install Windows 7 on Asus desktop computer easily with a Windows 7 disk. But it may be a little difficult on Asus laptops or Asus tables, because most of them do not support a CD drive. In this case, you can try to use a USB to create a Windows 7 USB installation disk and install Windows 7 efficiently.
1. Create a Windows 7 USB installation disk
- 1.1 Get a Windows 7 ISO image file that you can ask for it from friends or download from the official site.
- 1.2 Download a Windows 7 USB install tool and install it.
- 1.3 On the Finalbooster program, click on “Browse” button, and then select a Windows 7 ISO image file.
- Select the Windows 7 ISO image installation file that you have prepared.
- 1.4 Connect with a USB, select the USB on drop-down list, and then click on “Burn to USB”.
The burning process will take a few minutes, please wait for it patiently. When you get the message “Burning Successfully”, it means the Windows 7 USB installation disk has been created successfully.
2. Set Asus laptop to boot from the USB disk
- 2.1 Take the Windows 7 USB installer disk you just created to connect with the Asus laptop you want to install Windows 7.
. 2.2 Boot the Asus laptop from boot menu directory
- 2.2.1 Press Boot Menu Key (ESC) immediately when the power on and Asus logo appears.
- 2.2.2 When the Boot Menu comes up, press UP/DOWN key to move to the USB device, and then press Enter to continue.
. 2.3 Set Asus laptop to boot from USB disk on BIOS settings
- 2.3.1 Press the BIOS Entry Key (DEL) immediately and repeatedly when power on and Asus logo flash.
- 2.3.2 When the BIOS screen comes up, press Right/Left key to move to the Boot Menu.
- 2.3.3 Press Up/Down key to move to the USB device, and use the +/- key to set the USB device to the first boot list.
- 2.3.4 Press F10, and then press Enter to save change.
When the Windows 7 installation screen comes up, it means you have set Asus laptop boot successfully from Windows 7 USB installer disk. If it gets to the logon screen directory, it means you failed to set Asus laptop to boot from USB.
3. Install or reinstall Windows 7 on Asus laptop
- 3.1 On the Windows 7 installation screen, select the preferences on drop-down list, and then click on “Next” to continue and follow the instructions to finish the installation steps.