Abstract of this article:
This article mainly describes how to set Windows 8 to boot from USB flash drive for different purposes on various of computers.
Steps to set Windows 8 to boot from USB flash drive may be a little different in different brands of computers, but the main steps are similar:
<1>. Create a bootable USB flash drive.
<2>. Get into your Windows 8 computer Boot Menu.
<3>. Set the USB device as the first boot option.
Here will take Asus computer for example to show you how to set Windows 8 boot from a USB:
Step 1: Create a bootable USB flash drive with a program.
- If you want to reinstall Windows 8 on your computer with a USB, use “uiso9_cn.exe” program to upload the windows 8 setup package into your USB device.
- If you want to recover windows 8 forgot password, you can create a bootable USB disk with a windows password reset program, such as Vodusoft Windows password reset program.
Step 2: Get into the Windows 8 Boot Menu of your computer.
- Connect the USB with your computer.
- Restart/start the computer, press BIOS Entry Key (or Boot Menu Key) immediately and repeatedly when the power on.
Step 3: Set the USB device as the first boot option.
(1) Press BIOS Entry Key and get into BIOS settings.
- When get into the BIOS settings, use ◄ ► key to move to the Boot Menu.
- Use ↓↑ or +/- key to select the USB device and set it to the first boot option.
- Press F10, and then press Enter to save change and exit.
(2) Press Boot Menu Key and get into the Boot Menu directory.
- When the Boot Menu comes up, use ↓↑ or +/- key to select your USB flash drive, and set it to first boot list.
- Press Enter to save the change.
If your USB is bootable, and set it to the first boot option accurately, you will find that your windows 8 computer boot from the USB drive but not get to the logon screen.
BIOS Entry Key table:
People who read this article also like to read: